Within the last few weeks we have all had our lives turned completely upside down and are struggling to get used to the ‘new normal’. Our usual realms of normal society have ground to a halt, and many of us are trying to get used to this entirely different lifestyle.
This week is mental health awareness week, so let’s talk self-love and happiness.
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony” Mahatma Ghadni
By self-love we mean to love yourself to the point of waking up every morning with a heart overflowing with gratitude for all that we have been blessed in life. To love yourself unconditionally, including the flaws that you may have.
The question is, what can we do to practice self-love? Can it lead to happiness?
Self-love can take form of a relaxing hot shower, enjoying a cup of coffee whilst reading your favourite book, going for a jog, or even treating yourself to a spa day. But, self-love isn’t just about pampering yourself, its deeper than that.
It’s about loving ourselves whilst looking in the mirror without criticising ourselves. It’s about being content with who we are. It’s about being happy for your own and other success. Self-love is about listening to our needs and putting ourselves first sometimes.
Can we truly love ourselves 100%, maybe or maybe not. But, there are a few things that we can do to practice self-love and this can lead to inner peace and happiness.
Start each day by telling yourself something really positive. How well you handled a situation, how lovely you look today. Anything that will make you smile.
- Fill your body with food and drink that nourishes it and makes it thrive.
- Move that gorgeous body of yours every single day and learn to love the skin you’re in.
- Don’t believe everything you think. There is an inner critic inside of us trying to keep us small and safe. The downside is this also stops us from living a full life.
- Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you. Let them remind you just how amazing you are.
- Stop the comparisons. There is no one on this planet like you, so you cannot fairly compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should compare yourself to is you.
If you want to find out more about self-love, click the link below. Love Miskie xx